- GIS: ArcGIS Desktop, ArcView, ModelBuilder, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, Python, QGIS, PostGIS, GMT, MBSystem
- Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Lync, Google Docs, Acrobat Pro
- Graphics: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, TurboCAD, GIMP
- Programming: Awk, Perl, C, SQL, shell scripting
Front End Developer, Paladin Staffing/Charles Schwab; Austin, TX — Oct 2015-Current
Developed emails, landing pages, and charts for a large financial company. Contract position offered through staffing agency.
- Used a Node.js and Grunt build environment to manage large development projects.
- Helped develop best coding practices to normalize email client experiences across platforms.
- Collaborated with project managers, art directors, copywriters, and brand experts to deliver projects on time.
Web Developer, Infinity Sports & Entertainment; Bryan, TX — Feb 2013-July 2015
Developed and maintained web sites for a small software company using a proprietary Content Management System (CMS) focused on sports and arena clients. Also participated in design and development of proprietary CMS functionality.
- Worked closely with graphic designers and customer service personnel to exceed client expectations.
- Leveraged toolkits such as Foundation and Bootstrap to create responsive and mobile-friendly user interfaces.
Graphic Designer, Stuart Burbach & Associates; College Station, TX — May-September 2012
Created and edited maps, charts, illustrations, and other data visualization graphics as a part-time freelance consultant.
- Used Adobe Illustrator and ArcGIS software to prepare images for proposals, grants, and presentations.
- Printed maps and images using various printing devices, including a large format plotter.
Web Marketing Analyst, WorkForceLogic/Google; Remote from Renton, WA — 2009-2010
Analyzed marketing data and website quality for a large search engine. Contract position offered through staffing agency.
- Worked remotely (from Renton, WA) without supervision and kept track of my own time and expenses.
- Applied a decision matrix to variegated scenarios, and discussed/defended my results online with colleagues.
GIS Analyst and Cartographer, City of Woodinville; Woodinville, WA — 2008-2009
Unpaid class project at the University of Washington to design and implement an innovative technique to estimate tree canopy coverage for a small northwestern city.
- Used ArcGIS to perform photogrammetric analysis and display results data using mapping templates.
- Worked with a team to apply project planning techniques, including requirements analysis and documentation.
- Presented project results to Woodinville City Council and Woodinville Tree Board.
Electronics Technician, TDI-Brooks Intl; College Station, TX — 2006-2007
Purchased, repaired, and maintained survey electronics (sonar, GPS) and field computers for an offshore petroleum exploration company. Official title was Field Electronics Manager.
- Served as a marine survey technician, working with clients including BP, Exxon, Reliance Energy, Petrobras, and TGS, and provided IT services during offshore operations.
- Assisted with implementation, maintenance, and training for a third party management information system.
- Created safety drawings of four ships based on original blueprints using CAD.
Research Assistant, Texas A&M Univ Oceanography; College Station, TX — 2004-2006
Used open source tools (including GMT and MBSystem) to create maps of the Gulf of Mexico using bathymetric survey data. Many of these maps were published by Texas Sea Grant as a multimedia CD-ROM.
- Built and maintained a small network of PCs running Windows and Linux, including an FTP server.
- Created digital maps, charts, and illustrations to support the academic work of various professors.
- Designed custom specialized workflow tools using Perl, C, Awk, and shell-scripting.
- Completed a project measuring shrimp habitat in Galveston Bay for Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
University of Washington Extension — Seattle, WA
Received GIS graduate certificate in 2009. Coursework included GIS, cartography, software project management.
University of Colorado — Boulder, CO
Received Bachelor of Arts in geography in 1999. Coursework included GIS, cartography, snow hydrology, plant biology.
- Received Spirit of Woodinville award from Woodinville City Council in recognition of project completion for "Tree Canopy Assessment for the City of Woodinville".
- Maps published in “Ocean Globe” from ESRI Press, 2010 (edited by Joe Breman).
- Completed over 70 units of online coursework at ESRI Virtual Campus, on a variety of ArcGIS topics.